Reuse and Recycle Electronic Waste
U-M Best Practice
- Give older but still working computers to other U-M departments
- Post offerings to the U-M eCycle mail group
- File an official transfer of the computer asset to the new department via email
- Properly sanitize and dispose of unusable equipment
- If your equipment can no longer be used, send it to U-M Property Disposition to be disposed of properly
- Be sure to include all peripheral devices, cables and media
- Responsibly recycle obsolete equipment
To schedule the pickup of e-waste accumulated up to one year, contact Occupational Safety and Environmental Health.
To learn about regulated recycling, including light bulbs, batteries, mercury, etc. download the Pollution Prevention: Regulated Recycling Programs brochure.